Making the most of parental involvement opportunities
Key question: how do we work in partnership with parents and carers to promote emotional health and wellbeing?
- Staff understand the value and impact of parental involvement.
- Creating a welcoming, supportive environment and ethos for parents/carers.
- Opportunities to help parents/carers develop parenting skills.
- Provide appropriate information on school policies promoting social and emotional wellbeing and preventing mental health problems.
- Support service: www.minded.org.uk a DfE and DoH funded organisation providing support and guidance for parents/carers.
The Ofsted inspection criteria expects schools to be engaging parents in supporting pupils’ achievement, behaviour and safety and their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
Ofsted inspectors have a duty to have regard for the views of parents. Inspectors will also take account of the results of any surveys carried out or commissioned by the school.