5 September 2018
Domestic Abuse Training
“The impact of domestic abuse and how to use a trauma informed approach to support children and young people”
The Family Intervention Worker Team within the Barnardo’s Somerset Integrated Domestic Abuse Service (SIDAS) is offering free training to primary schools.
This training will aim to equip professionals with the knowledge of:
- Domestic abuse and the impact on children and young people ·
- The science of emotions ·
- The impact of trauma on the developing brain ·
- How trauma presents in behaviours and impacts on learning and academic performance.
- Strategies to use to help children and young people move forward towards a more positive future and to achieve academic success
It’s free for all staff from primary schools in Somerset but we would like to limit this to three members of staff from each school.
If you have already attended this training before please do not book again. There are two dates to choose from in Taunton with 16 places available on each date. Please book online via the following links, if booking more than one person please book individually:
Monday 1st October 2018 10:15am to 4pm Click HERE to book for the 1st October
Wednesday 7th November 2018 10:15am to 4pm Click HERE to book for the 7th November